Why We Need You:
WAZER is currently bringing the world’s first desktop waterjet to market. Our product development team comprises of product, mechanical, mechatronics, and manufacturing engineers. There is a ton to learn by being around the WAZER product team and they could use your help at every step of the way. If you are passionate about our mission, a quick learner and have a desire to apply your engineering skills at fast-paced startup then we want to hear from you!
Must Have Qualifications:
- You have a background in Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering
- You are familiar with mechanical actuation, sensors, and data acquisition
- You can write basic scripts and software
- You have a keen ability to problem-solve
- You are passionate about what you are studying and can illustrate it with things outside of the classroom
- You have worked with a team on something that was taken from just a concept or idea to a working prototype
- You enjoy a good brainstorm session
- You have a portfolio, website, or other means of illustrating your engineering, hacking, design, or making capability
We aren’t being particularly specific here because what’s most important to us is the person and not the skill set they have already acquired. If you have mechatronics or EE chops, are stoked about our mission, and want to learn and contribute, please contact us, we want to talk with you!
Nice to Have Qualifications (but we can teach you):
- You have worked on a project that spanned or interacted with multiple engineering disciplines
- You are familiar with CAD and PCB layout
- You are a participant in the maker community or have a history of building personal projects
- You understand some prototyping processes and have used them
- You can break down a system and identify what makes it work the way it does
Location & Environment:
We're looking for a candidate for a 10-14 week stint to work out of our New York facility around summer 2017. Exact timing is flexible and we’ll discuss this in further detail once we chat.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Mechatronics Intern" in the subject line. Be sure to include your CV, Portfolio and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining WAZER in this role.