Why We Need You:
WAZER is currently bringing the world’s first desktop waterjet to market. Our product development team comprises of product, mechanical, mechatronics, and manufacturing engineers. There is a ton to learn by being around the WAZER product team and they could use your help at every step of the way. If you are passionate about our mission, a quick learner and have a desire to apply your engineering skills at a fast-paced startup, then we want to hear from you!
Must Have Qualifications:
- You have a background in product design, mechanical, electrical OR manufacturing engineering
- You have a keen ability to problem-solve
- You have a portfolio, website, or other means of illustrating your engineering, hacking, design, or making capability
- You are passionate about what you are studying and can illustrate it with things outside of the classroom
- You have worked with a team on something that was taken from just a concept or idea to a working prototype
- You enjoy a good brainstorm session
We aren’t being particularly specific here because what’s most important to us is the person and not the skillset they have already acquired. If you are stoked about our mission and want to learn and contribute, please contact us, we want to talk with you!
Nice to Have Qualifications (but we can teach you):
- You have worked on a project that spanned or interacted with multiple engineering disciplines
- You are familiar with CAD
- You are a participant in the maker community
- You understand some prototyping processes and have used them
- You have machining or fabrication experience with processes such as laser, plasma, welding, lathe (turning), milling, CNC, etc.
- You have a basic understanding of software and electronics
- You understand some volume manufacturing processes and their constraints
- You can break down a system and identify what makes it work the way it does
Location & Environment:
Depending on your field of study, desire, and time-frame, you may be working in Shenzhen, China and/or New York. We’ll discuss this in further detail once we chat and figure out what works best.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Engineering Intern" in the subject line. Be sure to include your CV, Portfolio and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining WAZER in this role.