Why We Need You:
WAZER’s desktop waterjet is a new type of product that allows all different types of fabricators to create things they could never make before. Many WAZER customers have never even used a waterjet before. With this new capability comes the challenge of educating the maker community of how it can be used and the new creative possibilities it allows. We’re looking for a passionate individual who can lead the effort of sharing WAZER’s capabilities with the world, listening to our customers for feedback and making sure every WAZER owner is satisfied with their product. If you have a background in marketing and want to help enable maker-creativity around the world, then we want you!
Your Daily Role:
- You’ll craft and shape WAZER’s voice to the outside world
- You’ll develop WAZER's marketing strategy and ongoing messaging
- You'll conceive of, design and create new WAZER content: videos, blog posts, tutorials and more.
- You’ll engage with the WAZER community to learn their needs and communicate our offering
- You’ll manage WAZER’s website and social media
- You’ll work with people who want to talk about WAZER publicly
- You’ll develop WAZER’s customer service strategy
Must Have Qualifications:
- You have excellent people skills and enjoy talking with customers
- You are a great verbal and written communicator
- You have experience working at a startup
- You have some graphic design skills, and you can use Photoshop, Illustrator or similar tools
- You have some digital photography skills
- You have some videography and/or video editing skills
- You have worked with freelancers for graphic design and video production
- You are a maker, whatever that means to you
- You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- You have examples of creative projects you have taken from concept to reality
- You are extremely organized and good at managing your time
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- You have experience in some form of customer-service role
- You have experience using customer-service software
- You have built or managed an online community
Compensation includes salary, equity, bonus and health benefits.
Location & Environment:
We’ve located ourselves in the Brooklyn Navy Yard in NYC, where you’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s area of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers.
Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, plants, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, email us at email@example.com and include "Marketing & Community Manager" in the subject line. Be sure to include your CV, Portfolio and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining WAZER in this role.