Why We Need You:
WAZER’s desktop waterjet is a new type of product that allows all different types of fabricators to create things they could never make before. Many WAZER customers have never even used a waterjet before. With this new capability comes the challenge of educating the maker community of how it can be used and the new creative possibilities it allows. We’re looking for a passionate individual who can lead the effort of sharing WAZER’s capabilities with the world, listening to our customers for feedback and making sure every WAZER owner is satisfied with their product. If you have a background in marketing at a junior or middle level and want to help enable maker-creativity around the world, then we want you!
Your Daily Role:
- You’ll create new WAZER content to share
- You’ll engage with the WAZER community to learn their needs and communicate our offering
- You’ll develop WAZER’s customer service systems
- You’ll manage WAZER’s website and social media
- You’ll work with people who want to talk about WAZER publicly
- You’ll help develop our ongoing messaging
Must Have Qualifications:
- You have excellent people skills and enjoy talking with customers
- You are a great verbal and written communicator
- You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- You have examples of creative projects you have taken from concept to reality
- You have some graphic design skills, and you can use Photoshop, Illustrator or similar tools
- You can articulate a creative vision and then make it happen
- You are extremely organized and good at managing your time
- You can brainstorm in a group and execute independently
- You have experience working at a startup
- You have some digital photography skills
- You have some videography and/or video editing skills
- You are a maker, whatever that means to you
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- You have experience in some form of customer-service role
- You have experience using customer-service software
- You have built or managed an online community
While it would be great to bring on experienced talent for this role, we’ll accept any qualified candidate. If you are passionate about our mission, are good at what you do, and want to learn quickly don’t hesitate to contact us. Be open about what you don’t know and what you excel at, and we’ll do our best to evaluate this with our specific needs!
Location & Environment:
We’ve located ourselves in Westchester County, NY, which is accessible to both the beautiful and outdoorsy Hudson River Valley and New York City, so you’ll be able to find whatever it is you enjoy doing not too far away!
Furthermore, and our personal favorite perk, you’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s area of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers.
Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, plants, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Marketing & Community Manager" in the subject line. Be sure to include your CV, Portfolio and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining WAZER in this role.