Why We Need You
WAZER’s desktop waterjet will democratize manufacturing and bring professional-grade fabrication to every workshop. We have developed a precision machine with hundreds of components that will be manufactured overseas and assembled in our own Flex-facility. We need to ensure that the machine and all replacement parts get delivered to our customers smoothly - and given the sheer size and complexity of WAZER this is no small task. We are looking for a practically-minded individual to join our fast-paced, growing startup team.
Your Daily Role
- Coordinate the buildout of WAZER’s combined office-shop-warehouse Flex-facility
- Design and build up WAZER’s operations organization from scratch
- Work with fulfillment partners to ensure smooth delivery to customers
- Design and manage WAZER’s internal warehouse logistics and fulfillment
- Monitor and forecast inventory requirements across hundreds of parts and many suppliers
- Work closely with Engineering to meet logistics, inventory and fulfillment needs
- Negotiate with manufacturers, vendors and suppliers
- Eventual expansion to establish and oversee international operations
Must Have Qualifications
- 2-5 years of professional work experience
- Extremely well organized and pay attention to detail
- Great analytical skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience managing outside vendors in an operations role
- Passionate about democratizing manufacturing
- You like to get your hands dirty and make stuff
- You’re a fast learner
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Experience working in an Operations role
- Experience with shipping companies, commercial invoicing and/or tariff codes
- You are an Excel wizard
- Experience using an ERP system
Location & Environment:
We’ve located ourselves in Westchester County, NY, which is accessible to both the beautiful and outdoorsy Hudson River Valley and New York City, so you’ll be able to find whatever it is you enjoy doing not too far away!
Furthermore, and our personal favorite perk, you’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s area of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers.
Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, plants, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, email us at email@example.com and include "Operations Lead" in the subject line. Be sure to include your CV and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining WAZER in this role.