WHY WE NEED YOU:WAZER has created and brought the world’s first desktop waterjet to market - democratizing manufacturing and bringing professional-grade fabrication to every workshop. We have facilities in the US and Asia, and customers all around the world. By our last calculation we have 45,223,337 moving pieces, and we need help keeping everything moving efficiently, accurately, and timely!.
YOUR DAILY ROLE:
- Work directly with the Director of Operations to develop efficient systems for inventory management, order management, data collection, cross-department communications, purchasing, and more
- Run the day to day operations of order processing, fulfillment, and returns
- Work closely with Sales to determine optimal shipping sequencing and services
- Resolve shipping disputes, research and implement processes to minimize manual work, and to automate wherever possible
- Own communications amongst sales, marketing, production, and more to ensure internal customer needs are met while maintaining accurate books
- Own communications with our Brooklyn-based vendors and service providers
- Work with CEO on reporting for accounting, finance and fundraising
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to multitask, keep things organized, and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Excel wizard
- You are extremely organized and good at managing your time
- Confidence in speaking on the phone
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have experience working with ERP/MRP software
- You have experience working at a startup
- You love index matching and conditional formatting but loathe vlookup and text fields
- You are a maker
COMPENSATION:Employee Health Insurance, Three Weeks Vacation, Paid Holidays, Five Sick Days, Opportunities for Overtime, WAZER equity (stock options), Opportunity for advancement in a fast-growing company.
LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT:We’ve located ourselves in the Brooklyn Navy Yard in NYC, where you’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s area of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers. Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, plants, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, write us a quick explanation about why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Be sure to include your CV, Portfolio and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining WAZER in this role.