WHY WE NEED YOU:WAZER is the first ever desktop waterjet cutter bringing universal cutting with digital precision to every workshop. Creating a first of its kind product is no easy feat. A brand new assembly facility has just been created to bring WAZER to market and we are beginning to staff it with an energetic, adaptable and clever team that can think on their feet to solve problems that pop up as well as work to continuously improve our processes. Tired of being a tiny step in a larger process? Take ownership of your work and help bring this brand new product to its many eager customers.
YOUR DAILY ROLE:
- Work alongside engineers and the Lead Assembler to assemble, test, inspect, and pack WAZER units
- Interface with Google Sheets, Ship Manager software, and internal inventory management systems to support the assembly, shipping, and inventory management of the WAZER facility
- Train future assemblers on developed best assembly procedures
- Participate in continuous improvement project in the assembly area to reduce assembly time, improve quality, and increase efficiency
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enthusiasm to learn and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Proven record of attendance - commitment and respect for your team and coworkers is essential for a young company with a small team
- Demonstrated ability to work with your hands - familiarity with hand tools and power tools is a MUST
- Computer literacy
- Pride in the quality of one’s work
- Passion about WAZER’s mission of bringing affordable digital cutting solutions to makers, small business, artisans, and schools.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in an assembly facility
- Exposure to lean manufacturing tools and methodologies
- Participant in the maker community
- Trade or technical background
- Experience interacting with customers over email and telephone
COMPENSATION:Employee Health Insurance, Three Weeks Vacation, Paid Holidays, Five Sick Days, Opportunities for Overtime, WAZER equity (stock options), Opportunity for advancement in a fast-growing company. Hourly wage based on experience.
LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT:We’ve located ourselves in the Brooklyn Navy Yard in NYC, where you’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s area of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers. Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, plants, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, write us a quick explanation about why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Resume and references are always welcome.