Updating the Config File
WAZER software and Firmware are meant to be flexible and adjustable to your situation, so we have created an editable text-based file stored on WAZER’s onboard Micro SD Card. This Config File is opened and edited in any basic text editor.
WAZER’s firmware is likely to suffice as is. However, there may come a time when you need to adjust it, or WAZER Customer Support provides you a new Config File to help address a problem you are experiencing.
To make edits to certain fields of this file or replace the Config File:
1. Turn your WAZER off and unplug it from the wall.
2. Remove the Right-Side Access Panel of WAZER.
3. Look at the underside of the WAZER Control Box for a Micro SD Card Slot.
4. The Micro SD Card Slot is a push/push style, so to release this card, push the edge of the card in and it will extract from the board partially. Now you can remove the SD Card by pulling it out of its slot.
5. Plug this Micro SD Card into any computer and view the files.
a) If you are adjusting the parameters, open config.txt.
b) If you plan to replace the file, delete the config.txt file on the Micro SD Card and copy the new file onto it, making sure the name is exactly config.txt. No other names will work.
6. Adjust the values on the Config File as desired. Once completed, save the file and eject the Micro SD Card from your computer.
7. Insert the Micro SD Card back into the Control Box. Remember this is a push/push style slot, so insert it, push it in all the way, and make sure it latches in place.
8. Replace the Right-Side Access Panel and plug WAZER back in.
WAZER’s firmware is likely to sufice as is. However, there may come a time when you need to adjust it. Alternatively, WAZER Customer Support may provide you with a new Config File to help address a problem you are experiencing.